I really enjoyed this quick read by Benjamin P. Hardy, This Morning Routine Will Save You 20+ Hours Per Week.
“Wherever you are, make sure you’re there.” — Dan Sullivan
Some points that really resonated with me were…
- Do “deep work” (no distractions) and then recover when away from work
- Use the first 3 hours for maximum productivity
- Use a notebook to get clarity and write down any goals and objectives for the day (or anything else that comes to mind…like people to contact or ideas related to a project)
- Set up a daily schedule that works for you (the article recommends working out at lunchtime but that may not work for everyone)
- Maintain a balanced life:
- At work, be “fully absorbed”
- At the end of the day, become absorbed in other personal aspects of your life
What is your daily routine…?